The Municipality of New Carlisle is looking for a driver-operator of heavy
equipment for public works including winter maintenance of municipal roads capable of
doing basic mechanics (general maintenance).
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
Under the authority of the General Directorate and the Directorate of Public Works of
the Municipality, the driver-operator / mechanic will assist in the general maintenance
and basic repairs of municipal machinery. During the winter season (December to April
15), the employee must be able to operate snow removal machinery (snow removal
truck, snowblower, grader) according to the agreed schedule.
▪ Ensures daily monitoring of vehicles
▪ Snow removal from municipal streets & sidewalks
▪ Spreading of abrasives
▪ Applies standards in accordance with the rules, standards and policies in force
▪ Performs all other related tasks assigned by his immediate superior.
SKILLS & TRAINING
▪ Be 18 years old and over
▪ Hold a class 3 driver’s license, or better
▪ Experience in driving heavy machinery (road truck, blower, grader, plow, etc.)
▪ Be skilled at diagnosing mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems and be able to
perform basic mechanics (minor repairs and general maintenance)
▪ Knowledge of welding an asset
▪ Be dynamic, punctual, professional. Have a sense of responsibility, motivation,
autonomy, resourcefulness and a great ability to work in a team.
▪ Good physical condition
▪ Bilingualism an asset
▪ Competitive salary based on experience, qualification, established according to the
salary policy of the Municipality of New Carlisle
▪ Rotational work week in winter (day, night and weekend)
▪ Employment will start in December 2022
▪ Possibility of a year-round position following the winter period of 2023.
Send your RESUME and all relevant documents no later than October 31ST, 2022 – 4 p.m.
Denise Dallain, DG secretary-treasurer
NEW CARLISLE TOWN HALL.
138 boul Gérard-D.-Levesque
New Carlisle (QC) G0C 1Z0
Please note that a recent copy of your SAAQ DRIVERS RECORD will be requested.
Only those whose applications have been selected will be contacted. Interviews will be
conducted as the municipal organization identifies interesting prospects for the position